FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)

Are you a professional photographer or just a hobby photographer?

     I earn a living as a photographer.  I am DBA Michael Barker Photography filed with the State of Texas since 2012.  I collect and pay State Taxes, and Federal Taxes.  I have Commercial Liability insurance.  I conduct my business as professionally as possible.  Photography did start out as a hobby in High School working for my yearbook staff and continued until going pro.   I love what I do. 


Do you have a Studio?

     I'm an on-location photographer.  I work out of a small office in my home for editing, and administrative work.  I'll meet clients at any coffee shop near where they are located.  I'm currently looking for space to open a studio/art gallery in Temple, TX.


How many images can I expect to receive from my event?

     It all depends on your event...a wedding that spans 12 hours can have at least 300-400 images.  Portrait sessions- 10-30.  Corporate events-50-200.  It all depends on the complexity of the event.  The more things that are happening, the more images you will receive.


How do I receive my images?

     If you order an album, you'll receive a proof book to select which images you want in the album.  Once I create an album layout, we'll go over it and then order the album.   If you've decided to receive digital images, you will get them either with an online gallery or on a USB flash drive in a custom packaged box.  I don't do CD's or DVD's as they are more easily damaged.

    If you've decided to receive prints only, then you'll receive a proof book from which to select the prints you want and the sizes, textures, and any special needs.  Once ordered, they'll arrive custom packaged for you. 


My wedding is for 7 hours total, how much photography coverage do I need?

     I don't charge by the hour.  My wedding packages are for the full day.  You tell me when you want me to show up and when you want me to leave.  I don't book anything else on your day.  I want to make sure all the details of your day are captured.


Do I need to feed you at my wedding?

     It would be nice to feed the photographer and/or assistant if the event is 6 hours or more.  This will add 1 or 2 to your catering requirements.  We usually eat very lightly and quickly.  Eating time is a great break since no one likes to be photographed with a bunch of food in their mouth!  


Do you shoot digital or film?

     No film for me!  I only shoot digital.

Do you have insurance?

     I have a full $1 Million commercial liability policy and can provide a Certificate of Insurance to the venue if necessary.


Do you use quality equipment?

     I use professional grade equipment, such as Pro-level Nikon Cameras and lenses, as well as Enterprise grade backup systems for your image archives.  i always have backup equipment and spare everything at your event.


Do you like coffee?

     I absolutely love coffee.  And dark chocolate.  And CAKE!!! Currently, we'll meet at the closest coffee shop to your location for our consultations.


What other questions do you have for me?  Drop me a line and ask!!!